Grammar Determiners in Context
show up - разоблачать
queue - очередь
dishy - аппетитный
take aback - застигнуть врасплох
stag do - холостяцкая вечеринка
shoot back - лихорадочно вспоминать
1. Dylan is in queue at Supermarket
2. when he notices that rather dishy blonde behind him
3. has just raised hand and is giving him big 'hello'.
4. He is rather taken aback that such looker would be waving to him,
5. and although face is vaguely familiar,
6. Dylan can't place where he might know her from, so he says, 'Sorry, do you know me?'
7. She replies, 'I may be mistaken, but I thought you might be father of one of children'
8. Dylan's mind shoots back to one and only time he has been unfaithful,
9. 'Blimey!' he says, 'Did we meet on Frank's stag do in Newport?
10. Dylan continued, 'When I was released from police station and got back to hotel room, you had gone.'
11. No, 'she replies, 'I'm son's English Teacher'.