get on vs. get in vs. get off
One morning Nasreddin left his house with six donkeys to go to the market.
After a time, he got tired and got on to one of them.
He counted the donkeys, and there were only five, so he got off and went to look for the sixth.
He looked and looked but did not find it, so he went up to the donkeys and counted them again.
This time there were six, so he got on to one of them again and they all started.
After a few minutes he counted the donkeys again, and again there were only five!
While he was counting again a friend of his passed, and Nasreddin said to him,
'I left my house with six donkeys; then I had five; then I had six again; and now I have only five!
Look! One, two, three, four, five.'
'But, Nasreddin,' said his friend, 'You are sitting on a donkey too! That is the sixth! And you are the seventh!'
Какая смысловая разница между get on -:- get in -:- get off?
Заполните пропуски off/on/in.
1. I can't get … my boots — я не могу снять сапоги
2. He couldn't get … to sleep — он никак не мог заснуть
3. He managed to get … — ему удалось спастись
4. He couldn't get his gloves … — он не мог натянуть перчатки
5. He got up … to the roof — он залез на крышу
6. The car drove up and they got … — подъехала машина, и они сели в нее
7. I couldn't get the key … — я не мог всунуть ключ