Ex. 1. Переведите высказывания переосмыслением с сохранением семантики глаголов в Present Indefinite:
1. I sleep here. My father sleeps in his study.
2. In case she wants to see him, he’ll come over.
3. “Your mouth is bleeding. Does it hurt?“ Martha asked me.
4. Where do we go from here?
5. Please see that the children don't get nervous.
6. I do a lot of travelling, you know.
7. One lives and learns.
8. He owns a big car.
9. “It won’t do any good to anyone if you get ill,” I said.
10. “His men act silently as a rule. They wear dark glasses and they call after dark,” he added.
11. You understand what we’re talking about?
12. Changes happen very quickly here.
13. How quickly you leap to his defense!
14. I said, “I take things as they come.”
15. His temper will not be right until we are at home again.
16. “Do you often,” I asked, “take holidays in these parts?”
17. She beat with her hand on the back of the sofa and cried to them: “You talk too much.”
18. “It’s too late to go anywhere.” “What do we do then?”
19. “Perhaps after breakfast I could ring up my family.” “The telephone doesn’t work.”
20. Then the captain announced in a duty voice: “Tomorrow afternoon we arrive by four o’clock.”
21. “The news calls for champagne,” Jones said.
22. Why don’t you go back home?
23. They wish to make sure that he does not alter his plans.
24. She thought he wanted to look a mystery man to her. “You play your role fine,” she said.
25. I brush my teeth every night.
26. “I give up,” she said. “You win”.
27. I must be well by that time, whatever happens.
28. I’ve got to get him to the station. His train leaves at eleven.
Ex. 2. Переведите высказывания переосмыслением с сохранением семантики глаголов в Present Continuous:
1. Bill, stop that disgusting game you’re playing.
2. They’ve moved to their London house. They are buying new furniture.
3. Не paused and looked at her. “You’re shaking. Axe you all right?”
4. He is always having to check his emotions.
5. I am meeting Jason at his office on the 25th. Would you join us?
6. You know that cinema audiences are declining in the United States.
7. The rain is just beginning.
8. Sally put down the telephone. “It was Dan. He’s staying at the club tonight. He’s too tired to drive home.”
9. You are always drinking tea when I come here for a snack.
10. I miss her very much, almost every minute of the day I think of her, or I think I’m hearing her.
11. He started into the house ahead of us shouting, “Mary, what are you doing? Your guests have come.”
12. “I’m sorry,” I said, “I’m being clumsy.”
13. My cousin just rented an old barn to a young man who repairs bicycles. He’s there all the time. Even on Sundays. He’s working on some kind of an invention.
14. My father is always saying things that he shouldn’t say in front of me.
15. “Don’t go,” he said. “I feel faint. The room is spinning around.”
16. I’ll say good night to you, Mr Brown, now, if you’ll excuse me. I’m feeling kind of exhausted this evening.
17. “Why are you still dressed?” her father asked. “I’m working tonight. Mr Hardy has a meeting at his house. I’m going out there to take notes.”
18. “I’m not scared,” she said. “You are. You’re wishing I hadn’t done it.”
19. Paris is wonderful. I like the food here, and I’m eating like mad.
20. The aspirin isn’t working. I’m in pain.
21. Albert is doing quite nicely in the used-car business.
22. By the way, I’m having some people over for dinner tonight.
23. Helen, please don’t talk to me in a tiresome voice. You are not being scolded. We are simply discussing what can be done.
24. Come and sit by Leo and me. We’re having a boring gossip all about Peter’s chances.
25. Hello, Alice. You’re looking healthy, prosperous and fine.
26. “I’ve heard the whole story, all the town is talking of it,” he said.
Выполните упражнения 1 и 2 по цепочке по три задания из каждого упражнения.
1. I sleep here. My father sleeps in his study. → Это спальня моя, а у отца в его кабинете.