1. Lisa's purse was stolen. She was left penniless.
2. Her bags were stolen because she was careless and left them unattended.
3. Their future looks good. They are very hopeful.
4. Steven Spielberg is a successful film director. He is famous worldwide.
5. After ten successless tries she gave up the idea to become an actress.
6. Be careful when you pick up that dish.
7. I'm sorry! That was a thoughtless thing to do.
8. Neil is so helpless. He can't do anything himself.
9. We are hopeful that we'll succeed.
10. Is it a truthful story that his father is in prison?
11. Why don’t you throw it away? It’s useless.
12. The fish smells awful. It may have gone off.
13. You're careless and that caused the accident.
14. It was just a harmless joke, so I don’t know why dad is so angry.
15. It is a very hopeless, very bad day today.
16. The chapter on education is thorough and thoughtful.
17. His helpful offer is no more than a blind.
18. The birds on this desert island are aweless.
19. Try to channel your abilities into something useful.
20. Carbohydrates are more harmful for you than saturated fats.